Thursday, March 29, 2012

Day 1

I have no idea how to start this blog...so I figure I will just start typing. I'm not the best writer-so I want to apologize in advance.

I am writing this blog because I have Cystic Fibrosis, and I am fortunate enough to have taken my first dose of Kalydeco tonight. I am sure most of you have heard about this new CF drug, it has basically been a miracle for a small portion of CF patients. I am hoping it has the same effect on me.

I took my first pill tonight at about 6:40pm - and haven't noticed any changes yet :)

I had a clinic appt today-I had baseline tests done and go back in a month to check and see if the Kalydeco is working for me. Today my sweat chloride test was at 81, and my FEV1 was 84%. I am hoping to see a decrease in the sweat chloride test (under 40 is normal) and an increase in my FEV1.

I will attempt to post updates every few days to let you all know how it is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment