Wednesday, September 5, 2012

September 5th, 2012

Oops-just realized I said I would update last week and didn't! I have some good GREAT news but just haven't had time to update my blog.

My CF doctor did a peer to peer call with the insurance company-which is where he speaks to a doctor who works for the insurance company.  The insurance company agreed to approve Kalydeco for me, I am assuming based upon how much it has helped me! I received a letter in the mail last week as well from them letting me know this - I think I am going to frame it.

I am SO relieved that I won't have to stress over how much Kalydeco I have left before I run out - or trying to join in the trial that is starting on one of my mutations. I have a piece of paper from the insurance company saying that they agree to give me (and pay for!) Kalydeco - woohoo!

I am hoping that I won't be posting again anytime soon about insurance issues - from here on out I hope that I am only reporting on how much Kalydeco is helping me! :) It truly is a miracle drug for CF patients.

1 comment:

  1. That's soooooooooo exciting Marci! I'm so relieved for you and thankful you've found this drug!

    ReplyDelete