I can't believe I am on day 17 already! I helped out in Ella's classroom the other day...before I started Kalydeco I would bring in mints in case I had a coughing attack in the classroom. This time-I didn't cough ONCE! I didn't even have the urge to cough! It's so strange. Sometimes I find myself coughing-but I don't really need to-I think it's just habit!
I stopped my Zantac a few days ago and so far I am feeling fine.
I also did the dishes the other night and my fingers weren't wrinkly! Us CF'ers have what is called aquagenic wrinkling in our fingers/palms when they are in water. They seem to wrinkle up really fast-faster than normal. Well-the other night I did the dishes and it didn't happen at all-I was amazed!
I continue to have a decreased, almost non existent cough-which is also amazing!
I go to the CF clinic in about 1.5 weeks, I am hoping the numbers reflect how I feel and how I believe this medicine is making a difference - that will make it seem much more "real" for me.
Wow, amazing! I'm so happy that you found a great medicine that helps so much, Marci! (and that your doctors and insurance have made it possible)
ReplyDeleteI'm so happy for these updates! I don't even have the words to express how AWESOME this all is! Thank you for sharing your experience!
ReplyDeleteKristen-I am happy to share!! Jan-it really is amazing. I will be dumbfounded if my lung function and sweat chloride tests don't show improvement....I feel so much better! It still seems amazing to me that I barely cough anymore!
ReplyDeleteWOAH - the wrinkly skin thing is just crazy!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it? I noticed it again tonight while doing the dishes!
Delete