Well, I didn't post for Day 3 because there were some problems. I have no idea if it was related to the Kalydeco or not - but I am really hoping that it was not.
On Friday afternoon my stomach started to hurt. I thought that I was probably coming down with the same stomach bug that DH and my son had the previous week. Over the course of the next 2 hours the pain became more and more severe. The location was right below my sternum and maybe a little to the left. It was constant and I could not get a break from it.
The pain was very similar to the pain I had when I had my gallbladder attack (and had the gallbladder out 5 days later) - very painful...but the difference this time was that it wasn't in waves, it was constant.
About 2 1/2 hours after the pain started I decided we needed to go to the ER. They gave me an IV and started me on pain meds-thank goodness! Being in constant pain for over 2 hours is not fun! I hated the woozy feeling the pain meds gave me, but they made the pain go away so it was worth it.
They ran my labs and they all came back normal-so we have no idea what was wrong with me. They kept me for a bit longer and then let me go home. I ate some chicken noodle soup, and took a vicoden (the ER sent me home with it) and went to bed. The CF doctor on call (works with my main CF doctor-but not on CF patients I don't believe)....told me not to take the Kalydeco until I talk to my CF doctor on Monday because it can cause stomach pain.
I was very bummed to have to stop it. I didn't take it yesterday as my stomach still wasn't feeling 100% - but this morning I am feeling normal. I think I am going to start it back up this morning and see what happens. If the pain comes back-I will know it is the meds causing it. I just can't imagine it is the Kalydeco causing that much pain-I really hope it isn't.
I'll keep you all updated-hoping I won't have any more stomach pain to post about!
No comments:
Post a Comment