Well-I have some bad news to report. I had another epigastric issue on Monday night/early Tuesday morning. I woke up at 2am with what felt like very extreme indigestion. I wasn't able to go back to sleep the whole night because of it-I was miserable. While it was not the same pain that made me go to the ER on Friday night, it was in the same location.
I took Tums and they did nothing for it. I called the special order pharmacy that I got my Kalydeco from to make sure I could take Zantac with the Kalydeco, to see if that would help. It turns out that I can take it-so I sent my husband to the store to get some.
It helped a little bit. I was nauseous and had the burning/indigestion feeling all day Tuesday. I was sick to my stomach and had dry heaves, but couldn't throw up. I was in bed all day, I basically couldn't function because I was so miserable. I didn't take my Kalydeco all day.
I called my CF center and they told me that they still didn't think it wasn't related to the Kalydeco...to keep taking it, take the Zantac for 2 weeks, and to go see my regular doctor to see what they thought (my CF center is 1.5 hours away). I was glad to hear them say they still didn't think it was the Kalydeco after talking to Vertex.
So-I saw my doctor this morning - she thinks it could be a Duodenum Ulcer. She told me to stay away from foods that might irritate it....like coffee (ARGH!) and spicy foods. I haven't had coffee today or yesterday and I have a headache! I am trying some mint tea to see if the headache goes away :) I am a coffee addict!
So, I am really really hoping this is done with. I am scared of the pain coming back! I re-started the Kalydeco this morning so we'll see what happens. My doctor said that if it does come back-to get into see her ASAP...and they may have to do an upper GI to determine if it is an ulcer.
No comments:
Post a Comment